Security is a fundamental part of Abington Bank services. Keeping customer information private as well as securing customer accounts against unauthorized access is very important to us. Abington Bank services incorporate the following security measures:
- Access is protected with a User ID and complex Password that is selected by you
- Only the last four digits of account numbers are displayed (example: xxxx321)
- No Abington Bank account information is stored on your mobile device
- Transfers are allowed only between your Abington Bank accounts
- Access will only be granted via a secure enrollment process
- Access can be disabled at any time via the Abington Bank Mobile Banking Center
Abington Bank Mobile Registration
- Access will be granted only when the identification questions presented are answered accurately.
- The registration process is completed within a secure https connection.
- Only one registration per customer is allowed for all Abington Bank Mobile services.
- A cookie is placed on your device that associates your device with the Abington Bank Mobile banking services you registered for. Please note this cookie does not store any personal information, it is strictly used for authentication purposes.
Mobile Banking Center
The Abington Bank Mobile Banking Center should be used to perform the following security functions:
- Disable Abington Bank Mobile services
- Change a Password
- Forgot a Password Change
- Update/Change Challenge Questions and Answers
Access to the Abington Bank Mobile Banking Center requires the input of your User ID and Password.
Abington Bank Mobile Security Guidelines for Protection
In addition to the Abington Bank Mobile security functionality, customers should follow these additional security guidelines:
- Download and apply security updates and patches to your mobile browser when they are made available by your wireless provider (These are designed to provide you with protection from known possible security problems).
- Do not open attachments from unknown or untrustworthy sources.
- Do not install pirated software or software from unknown sources.
- Limit unauthorized access to your mobile device. Do not leave your mobile device unattended during an open Mobile Banking session.
- Never save your User ID and Password in the mobile device, in memos, or anywhere on your device.
- Always remember to log off properly using the “Sign Off” button when you have completed your Mobile Banking activities.
- Be suspicious of emails or text messages purporting to be from a financial institution, government department or other agency requesting account information, account verification or banking access credentials such as; usernames, passwords, PIN codes and similar information. Easthampton Savings Bank will never call or send you an unsolicited text or email message asking for your personal information. You will only receive text messages from Abington Bank when you specifically request them with one of the Text Banking commands.
- Create a strong password with at least 8 characters, including at least one number and one uppercase letter for access to Abington Bank Mobile Banking.
- Avoid using automatic login features that save your password.
- Change your password periodically.
- Never share your username, password or the answers to your challenge questions.
- Verify use of a secure browser session by noting the https (not http) in the browser’s web address bar and looking for the picture of the lock in the bottom right hand corner of your browser.
- Review and reconcile your accounts on a daily basis and report any suspicious activity to Abington Bank immediately by calling 877.380.BANK(2265). There is a limited recovery window for fraudulent transactions and immediate escalation may prevent further loss.
- Immediately notify Abington Bank at 877.380.BANK(2265) if your phone is ever lost or stolen.